There are small but extremely impactful lifestyle changes you can make starting today to dramatically reduce your risk of a stroke. https://t.co/OXBCnM5CA5
#StrokePrevention #StrokeRehabilitation #ElPasoStrokeRehab
Caring for a loved one with #CerebralPalsy (CP) comes with a unique set of challenges but these challenges provide opportunities to learn and grow. Learn how you can best support them: https://t.co/wlYPyohwCA
#RehabilitationServices #ElPasoRehabiliation #CongenitalDisability
Being proactive when it comes to your body's needs is the best thing you can do for yourself. One method of keeping your body in optimal condition is physical therapy. Learn more here: https://t.co/Ck06VZxgbG
Rehabilitation Medicine as a whole treat several diseases, injuries, and symptoms. The umbrella, the focus is broken down to include:
Receive Quality Spine Care From Maranatha Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
If you suffer from severe pain, it may be preventing you from participating in activities that you enjoy as well as limiting your ability to function at work or at home.
Whether it’s pain in your back, neck, or shoulders, it can feel like your entire body and mind are aching. That’s no way to live.
At Maranatha Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, our goal as your rehabilitation team is to treat your condition using non-surgical methods and restoration care. Our team is trained in the latest research and traditionally-proven methods of preventative care. We take an individualized approach in spine care to focus on your specific needs.
What is Spine Care and What Does Treatment Entail?
Spine care involves a series of treatments that help improve an individual’s spine injury or spinal disorder. Upon your initial consultation, we will assess your condition and design a plan for treatment that will help improve your health and well-being. Our team of physiatrists has the expertise and advanced training to treat various pain syndromes, spinal disorders, and injuries. With a combination of physical therapy, medication, and interventional techniques, our team will conduct treatments that will help improve your body and mind.
Common Conditions We Treat
We are committed to providing treatment for your unique condition with the goal of offering relief for your pain.
We treat the following common conditions:
- Back pain. This may include upper or mid back pain that affects the spine.
- Fibromyalgia. Symptoms of fibromyalgia include headaches, abdominal pain, numbness in the fingers or feet, and dryness in the eyes and mouth.
- Sciatica. Sciatica describes the symptoms of leg pain that travels down the back and through the large sciatic nerve in the legs.
- Shoulder pain. Shoulder pain is often associated with other difficulties in the body such as discomfort in the hips, arms, and hands
- Spinal Stenosis. People may be born with spinal stenosis, develop it over time as they perform prolonged activities, or experience an injury such as a fracture or herniated disc.
- Cervical pain. Also known as neck pain, cervical pain is typically caused by a neck strain, pinched nerves, whiplash, or a herniated disc.
- Work-related injuries. This may include injuries that developed with performing repetitive motions, standing for an extended period of time, or sitting in a position that damages your spine.
- Auto accident injuries. Following an auto accident, you may experience complications in your body such as head and back injuries and issues in the neck.
What Does Recovery Look Like?
Recovery ultimately depends on your condition. Recovery is a journey, not a race. We approach treatments with a concentration on reducing pain, preventing future injury, and teaching you new approaches to health, both physical and nutritional. The goals of recovery are personal. We aim to promote your personal objectives throughout treatment and facilitate an effective timeline for recovery. If the disorder is genetic, we will seek ways to limit your pain and improve your ability to perform activities more comfortably.